Sunday 19 June 2011

Fulfilled Foreshadowing

Here's just a little something to think about.

"[Nelson] opened up the peg and I blew in the little hole and quick he said my name Nommo Bandu Nommo Bandu Nommo Bandu! and shut up the hole with the little peg and Now you are safe. He said now if anything happens to me, if I start fixing to die or somethig, hold on to this tight and bambula! Ruth May will disappear.
How do you know? But Nelson knows everything about the dead people.....
I dont want to disappear, I said.
But he said, Only if you are going to die. He said this way I won't die, i will just disappear for a second and then I'll turn up someplace safe...
You have to think of your safe place every day." (pp.239)



"Its a very odd thing to recall, that we all looked up. Not one of us looked at Ruth May. I cant say that Ruth May was even there with us, in that instant. Just for the moment it was as if she disappeared and her voice was thrown into the trees. Then she returned to us, but all that was left was an aweful silence...
I could only stare at Ruth May's bare left shoulder, where two red puncture wounds stood out like red beads on her flesh." (pp.363-64)

No comments:

Post a Comment